fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can't separate/find individual audio channels 28 Jun 2021 03:16 #115243

I have been unable to locate individual audio channels that are supposed to be imbedded in some of the audio tracks on a project I'm working on. The person who created the proxy files for me and synched them put three audio tracks underneath the video . However, they are all the same track and when I click on "Expand Audio" all that appears is a skinnier, apparently empty, track next to it (as shown in the second photo) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Scott
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Can't separate/find individual audio channels 28 Jun 2021 14:28 #115252

Hi Scott, welcome to the forums.

The screenshot shows that your video clip has indeed 4 audio channels: 3 mono WAV channels with exactly the same name and exactly the same audio + 1 audio channel with the same name as your video clip. That audio channel is clearly the camera audio that is embedded with your video file and it looks to be silent. The 3 WAVs have been added to the file later on, but they are all the same.

I don't think there is much you can do about this, the clip has been created that way by the person who has created your proxy files.

If you are perfectly sure that the WAV audio channels should all be different, upload a short clip and post a link here so we can see what is going wrong.

- Ronny

Can't separate/find individual audio channels 28 Jun 2021 16:30 #115256

Ronny, many thanks for clear reply.

Since I have the raw files, any recommended links on how to create proxies that have access to the multichannel audio?

Thanks,
Scott

Can't separate/find individual audio channels 28 Jun 2021 19:40 #115258

An update - Was at least able to confirm the various audio channels were there when clicking on "Reveal in Browser" (photo below). But I'm still not able to manipulate the individual channels in the timeline. Why? What solution is there for this?

fyi...the audio files were synched from Premiere Pro to FCPX through an XML file (the bridge file)

Thanks,
Scott

Can't separate/find individual audio channels 28 Jun 2021 19:45 #115259

Hi Scott,

I'm not sure I understand when you say you can see the audio channels when you select Reveal in Browser. Can you re-post the screenshot? I think it didn't come through.

- Ronny

Can't separate/find individual audio channels 28 Jun 2021 19:59 #115260

Yeah Ronny, sorry forgot to post photo. Attached is the photo showing the individual channels.

And, again, still not able to see these in the timeline...therefore, no way to work with them.

Thanks,
Scott
Attachments:

Last edit: by yetifan.

Can't separate/find individual audio channels 28 Jun 2021 20:09 #115261

Thank you. Indeed, the clip has 3 different mono channels. That's good.

When you select that clip in the Browser, you put it onto the timeline, you select the clip on the timeline and you choose "Expand Audio Components" (Control-Option-S), do you see the 3 individual audio channels?

- Ronny

Can't separate/find individual audio channels 28 Jun 2021 22:26 #115262

Ronny, many thanks! Problem solved.

Take care,
Scott

Can't separate/find individual audio channels 29 Jun 2021 09:56 #115267

Thank you for the feedback, and happy to hear that the issue is solved. The fact that you mentioned the clips on the timeline were built from an XML coming from Premiere flagged my attention. XML translations can mess up your audio channels.

- Ronny

• Page: