fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clips won't show in timeline!? 27 Jan 2014 23:08 #39953

• Neguah
  • Neguah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Suddenly my Mac told me that the external hard drive was disconnected. Well it wasn't. I quit FCP, disconnected my drive correctly and launched FCP again and inserted my drive. In timeline all clips are black. On the info theres a red triangle on available media representations. Both on original and proxy. I also have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on "updated projects".

I'm able to access my clips in Finder, but they won't show in FCPX.

I did something, but don't know what. The clips are showing, but the sound area of the clip is all red on most clips. On the other ones I can't do anything with the sound, but there's is sound, but it's really bad. Like it's corrupted.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Neguah. Reason: Additional information

Clips won't show in timeline!? 27 Jan 2014 23:27 #39954

Can you upload a screen grab so we can see?

Clips won't show in timeline!? 27 Jan 2014 23:32 #39955

• Neguah
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ehh, where's the pic?
Try this:
bildr.no/view/a1JmMXdF

Last edit: by Neguah.

Clips won't show in timeline!? 28 Jan 2014 00:12 #39957

• Neguah
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think my drive is dead.

If I import all the clips from my backup drive, will everything be ok, or do I have to edit the whole movie all over again, with color and effects?

Clips won't show in timeline!? 28 Jan 2014 00:18 #39958

Can you rescue the project file? That will contain all of your edits and fx. Providing the filenames in your backup are the same it should reconnect no problem.

Clips won't show in timeline!? 28 Jan 2014 04:56 #39969

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Importing clips from a backup drive will not contain any edit points, effects or color grades if I am correct in assuming that you just have a backup copy of your raw footage. If, by backup you mean that you have duplicated your project and library to another external drive when it was functioning, then by restoring the backup library everything should be in tact. If you are unsure about the condition of your drive and you have made any duplicate snapshots of the project, try to load one of those to see if anything can be restored.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Clips won't show in timeline!? 28 Jan 2014 08:37 #39974

• Neguah
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I did this:

I was able to reimport the files from my drive into the drive again. But, I had to open up the backup save from two days earlier. The sound and most clips were there, but some parts of the movie were missing. And I couldn't find them in the original file. Weird.
I opened my backup drive and tried to import the clips to the timeline, but wasn't able to. So I manually dragged the missing files from the backup drive into the timeline. When I did that, I got the missing files back.

But it was hell of a job. Thank God for backup. But what happened for startes? I didn't do anything and my Mac told me that the disc was disconnected... And why did I loose some clips when this happened?

• Page: