fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Today will be spent mainly in Cinematic Mode 24 Sep 2021 08:49 #116412

• peteramwiggins
  • peteramwiggins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Administrator :)
  • Thank you received: 400
It's going to be interesting

Administrator
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Today will be spent mainly in Cinematic Mode 02 Oct 2021 19:58 #116537

Someone posted on the Apple Support forum that all the cinematic soft focus was lost in FCP.

Today will be spent mainly in Cinematic Mode 03 Oct 2021 10:34 #116543

FCP is not fully compatible with "Cinematic" iPhone footage yet. The latest version of iMovie already is. I have friends who have the 13 Pro and iMovie, and it's pretty cool what you can do with Cinematic Mode in iMovie. So, look out for the next update of FCP.

I was going to buy the 13 Pro. But since I have seen quite some footage from friends who already have it, I'm hesitating. The bokeh or DOF on the 13 looks very artificial and sometimes simply ugly. Especially with hair or any outlines that are not clearly separated from the background. I may be biased since I recently bought a Canon R5 with high-end glass that produces amazing natural DOF, no matter what the subject or background looks like. And I know you shouldn't really compare some AI-generated bokeh on a phone with a professional camera and top notch lenses. But still, the difference is way too big if you only consider the 13 for this feature. OTOH, in-camera image stabilizing on the 13 is really good.

- Ronny

Last edit: by ronny courtens.

Today will be spent mainly in Cinematic Mode 03 Oct 2021 10:49 #116545

Thanks very much Ronny. If the Cinematic video is put on an older iPhone with iOS 15, I wonder if it has controls in Photos. If the DOF is change in iMovie, does this pass on to FCP? I would love to get a clip or two to see what it looks like.

Today will be spent mainly in Cinematic Mode 03 Oct 2021 10:53 #116547

All great questions, Tom. As I said, I don't have a 13 myself and I probably won't buy it unless my current iPhone dies on me tomorrow. But I'm going to ask a friend to send you some clips.

- Ronny

Today will be spent mainly in Cinematic Mode 03 Oct 2021 11:01 #116548

Thank would be fantastic. Thank you Ronny.

• Page: