fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Failed conversion from MXF S-LOG footage 10 Jun 2021 10:10 #114946

Trying to convert S-LOG footage from a Sony camera that saves in the MXF format, but I get this error everytime:
Failed: 3x Error: CVideoUtilities::CMedia::New returning null!

Compressor previews the file correctly. It opens fine in Motion, I can even render it out of Motion. Works fine in DaVinci as well. But I really need Compressor to work.
Im using Compressor 4.5.2. MacOS 11.4 on an iMac Pro
Anyone had this issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Failed conversion from MXF S-LOG footage 10 Jun 2021 13:44 #114948

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 456
I have an iMac Pro and haven't seen that Compressor 4.5.2 and MacOS 11.4 on MXF material from my FX6. What camera and codec? You can get the details using the free Sony Catalyst Browse app, or other various 3rd-party tools like Invisor or MediaInfo. See attached example of Catalyst output from an FX6 XAVC-I SLog3 clip.

What was your export format? Were you encoding this to a local disk file or sharing directly it to a streaming service like Youtube or Vimeo? If so, I thought there was a change to the Youtube/Vimeo export option of FCP and Compressor in 10.5.1, but I can't remember the details.
Attachments:

Failed conversion from MXF S-LOG footage 11 Jun 2021 09:04 #114955

Hi, thanks for replying. The camera is same, the FX6! And using the XAVC Intra codec. Please find attached the two images from Invisor. There are two files being displayed, the first is straight from camera, the other is exported from AVID, same issue with both files. My end goal here is to just output a ProRes 422 HQ file with the S-LOG LUT applied, as this is green screen footage that I’m using in After Effects. I am only having to do this as After Effects has it’s own issues dealing with S-LOG footage and LUTs. My current workaround is bringing it into Davinci Resolve and exporting from there, which is not ideal. I suppose I could also bring it into Premier and link it to After Effects, but Premier is more unreliable than After Effects!I’m going to try a clean uninstall, re-install of Compressor to see if it works.
Attachments:

Failed conversion from MXF S-LOG footage 11 Jun 2021 10:22 #114956

Success! Must have been a bad install. I completelly romoved everything relating to Compressor and Motion (even the Pro Video Codecs) reinstalled and it works perfectly. Should have tried that to begin with.
Thanks

Failed conversion from MXF S-LOG footage 11 Jun 2021 14:27 #114959

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 651
Yay!

• Page: