fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Batch Shared Computers w/external drive? 18 Jan 2021 19:55 #112186

• owen35
  • owen35's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a project where I need to compress 49 videos (8-10 minutes each) stored on an external drive. I was hoping to use my laptop pro as a Shared Computer to reduce the time to compress. However, I cannot for the life of me get it to work. Although I can select the Shared Computer cluster that I created, when I go to Start Batch, it gives me an error about SMB settings and only allows for my host computer to compress. I've also noticed that if I try to Start a Batch with my Final Cut Pro project being stored on an external drive, the Shared Computers is greyed out. SMB has been turned on and I can move files across both computers, so I don't know why I keep getting that error.

Here's what I've done:
  • Both computers have most recent Compressor software
  • Both computer have latest FCP software
  • Computer A (host) has OS 11.1, Computer B has OS 10.15.7
  • Both computers have SMB turned on
  • Both computers are hardwired via ethernet and are connected to the same router (Apple Extreme Basestation)
  • Final Cut Pro project is stored on a G-Speed Shuttle drive connected via USB-C
  • Laptop can mount the shared G-Speed Shuttle drive as well as copy files to/from the host computer
  • I can create a Shared Computer cluster on both computers, so Compressor does see the other computer

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd welcome it. I've followed the setup guide multiple times and cannot seem to do anything but get warnings that my settings are incorrect or the option isn't available to me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: