fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
Third Party Products for FCP
  • Page:

TOPIC:

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 28 Jun 2018 02:10 #96141

• Ben Balser
  • Ben Balser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 652
Very simple, quick and easy, no using fonts, working with actual 3D objects and modeling and environment. All inside of Motion and FCPX. This is wild, it's blowing my mind. This is very simple, but check the MotionVFX Twitter feed, they have some very complex examples. This will be a game changer for sure.

vimeo.com/277384910

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 28 Jun 2018 06:01 #96142

… MotionVFX Twitter feed, they have some very complex examples. …

the screen-shot of the mO2-Library … just <jawdrop> !!

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 29 Jun 2018 00:03 #96157

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
No need to create special shapes and convert to fonts. Take the primitives and reshape as needed. Those were originally "Tubes" in their raw state.

Luigi and some others here who do amazing things with Motion already, well, can't wait to see what they do when this is publicly released in Sept. 2-3 months, it's going to be a long wait...

The libraries it comes with, man, like you said, <jawdrop> for sure. And I'm not really a 3D modeler.

textures and lighting are far superior to Motion's native abilities. But basically this is its own app, simply using Motion and FCPX as a front end. So... suck it AE and your rip-off subscription!!!!

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 07 Jul 2018 04:19 #96250

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
So here's bumpers to a show my station produces, all done inside of FCPX with the mO2 plugin (still beta testing, public release in Sept). Now to do the opening and closing credits to match. Way too much fun, and still in beta.
vimeo.com/278769354

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 07 Jul 2018 05:01 #96252

So here's bumpers to a show my station produces, all done inside of FCPX with the mO2 plugin …

niiice!
guess, the 'garage' is a canned template?
… would have done a few things different, playing with DoF, more Motion Blur, 'atmosphere' (if optional?), but - guessing again - slammed together in less than an afternoon, hm? ;)

<pixelpeeping>
impressive (for the 3D aficionado), lights reflect in the puddles …

And <pixelpeeping, level10>
The lens-flare 'jumps' one frame at the beginning.... (oh, those Germans … "do better, K!!" ;) )

No, nice result … and no more 'custom fonts' <phewww>

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 07 Jul 2018 05:16 #96254

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
Just slight modifications of a template. Didn't spend much time. We don't have much play time in broadcast, deadlines are too tight. So templates are our best friends. But yeah, this is a template that is in the beta version, and very easy to get something nice going with very little effort. This may or may not be included with the final release, although my feeling is everything is done, they're just working out performance and stability kinks.

It comes with a very full library of "primitives" so you can actually create your own complex 3D modeling objects from scratch. Once you learn about texturing and such. This "plugin" is about the most impressive thing I've seen happen to any NLE. September can't come fast enough.

One of my issues is performance, constant lockups, etc. Because I'm running it on Mojave beta, there's some issues. So I don't get to really dig as deep as I'd like. May have to bring my rMBP home from the studio soon to play with it in High Sierra and get some real work done in mO2.

Reflections in the puddles is really mind blowing. And yes, there's this weird "film" that slides across the screen, I can't find it in the template to control. I'd love to get rid of it. At this point my templates only show up in FCPX, not in Motion, and half the time I don't see them in FCPX. So I don't know if you can tweak them in Motion. Could be a Mojave thing, another reason to bring the rMBP home soon to test on a stable OS version.

Basically, slammed together in about 20 minutes. Suck it Adobe!

I'll include some screen shots over the weekend to show the amazing detail.

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 07 Jul 2018 05:25 #96255

…Basically, slammed together in about 20 minutes. ….

<noise of forehead hitting desk> … now THAT is impressive.
can you tell rendering times for such a scene (yes, I'm aware of your iMp-beast… anyhow)?

ok, HAS to be rock-solid, and 'adapting' to Mojave (still practicing right pronunciation here … ch, ch...) is a MUST … probably speed increase by some factors (Metal2)…ß

so better later than unfinished …

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 07 Jul 2018 12:08 #96258

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
1- No pro apps have been released as Mojave optimized yet. I keep getting warnings left and right "The Application XXX Has Not Been Optimized For This Version Of macOS." PITA, but, well, DUH!

2- mO2 is definitely NOT Mojave ready yet. Lots of hang-ups and crashes. But MotionVFX is aware and cautiously working with that.

3- Latest update to the beta version was a HUGE download that took quite some time. Tons of templates, and I have a very fast Internet connection. Yeah, it's going to be a royal download.

Now, those two things in mind, they tell me that my iMac Pro "beast" would be faster and more stable with HS. I have to run Mojave for other reasons, so the rMPB is coming home today. MotionVFX has told me that they're testing on a MBP and getting fantastic performance. As heavy as the 3D work is in this plugin, the response times and performance speed is nothing short of mind blowing. Yes, they are writing it so MBP users can have fun without the frustration of low powered computers. And they're doing a great job at it. Some of the advanced albedo and other functions will start to slow you down, but I find it acceptable. Not a deal-breaker slow down, just not as speed (but still not dog slow).

And the word is pronounced Moh-Ha-Vey, like the American Indian nation it comes from. But I digress...

I strongly suggest anyone interested follow MotionVFX on Twitter. They're posting tons of examples there. Not to mention this little gem.

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 28 Jul 2018 06:13 #96561

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
OK, this time I got a free clapboard 3D model, and created this scene from scratch, 100% inside of an FCPX project timeline. Didn't have to open Motion at all. Think about the possibilities.
vimeo.com/282074312

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 02 Aug 2018 02:25 #96639

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
After three days of trying to figure out how to use Drop Zones in mO2, I finally broke down and RTFM... ugh...

vimeo.com/282779412

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 03 Aug 2018 04:49 #96664

…https://vimeo.com/282779412

interesting - refraction, and depth-depending motion-blur (yep, confess: pixelpeeping level8…)

For 'realism', the glas-ball should create some flare on the column… anyhow: more than impressing. Would you share us some render-times for such a scene, Ben? (preferred NOT done on your iMp ;) )

And: What about import/rendering of 3rd party objects, such in .obj format? Have you tried that?
(for your Garage-scene: free3d.com/3d-model/bmw-x5-1542.html )

mObject 2 - to be released Sept 2018 - here's a sample 03 Aug 2018 10:56 #96670

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
You can import 3D object files of various types (not .max though). Yes, I could have done lots different, but these are brief tests as I try to learn how to use the software. Its own rabbit hole can get a bit deep for those wanting to go there. But you can work very surface level quickly for great results.

A 30 second scene exports in less than 30 seconds on both iMP and 2013 rMBP. mO2 uses its own engine, which BTW supports eGPU. Think of it as a separate application that simply uses the Motion GUI. Performance is amazing, trust me!

Attachments:

• Page: