So you're an independent filmmaker and you're looking to produce your DCP (Digital Cinema Package) so you can exhibit at Cannes or Venice. Previously you'd have had to cope with the expense and complication of going to a major facility. No longer. As more and more major film festivals endorse DCPS as their preferred delivery format, QubeMaster Xport provides all the tools needed for generating DCP masters.
QubeMaster Xport enables Final Cut Pro users to save pre-defined settings as Compressor Droplets and simply drag-and-drop files to create DCI-compliant masters. All of the file formats supported in Final Cut Studio can be output to 2K and 4K, and the software can handle XYZ color space conversions, or apply custom 3D LUTs to source files while encoding.
The system, which debuted at NAB in April, enables users to output DCI-compliant Digital Cinema Package (DCP) masters directly from Compressor. So why can't I just supply a quicktime? I hear you say. A few reasons, one being the obvious copyright protection needed, the other being the file standards.
The presentation venue requires these files in one folder -
Things get more complicated with outputting 3D material, but the Quick Start Guide has clear instructions on how to achieve this monumental task.
QubeMaster Xport is available in four versions. The QubeMaster Xport 2K retails for $799. QubeMaster Xport 3D and QubeMaster Xport 4K are available for $1,798 each. Users who need both stereo 3D and 4K mastering, can opt for QubeMaster Xport 4K and 3D at $2,797. Individual modules can be added after the initial purchase for $999 per module. A fully functioning watermarked demo is also available for download, allowing users to test out the software.
In June, Qube Cinema will launch a new KDM key generation service, which will allow QubeMaster Xport users to add secure exhibitor keys to their DCPs.
The most recent addition to the QubeMaster line of DCP mastering tools, QubeMaster Xport provides a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) creation solution for Final Cut Studio users. QubeMaster Xport provides filmmakers, post houses, and pre-show content creators a seamless workflow from editing through finishing and DCP mastering.
Here's the Quick Start Guide and if you want to try a water-marked version of QubeMaster Xport, you can download it here.
And here's all the spec:
- Plug-in for Compressor, versions 3.5 and later
- Works within the Compressor application utilizing a 64-bit encoding pipeline
- Multi-threaded architecture takes full advantage of multi-core machines
- Colour Space Conversion to XYZ and capability to apply custom 3D LUTs
- Allows Mac OS X users to work within the familiar Final Cut environment at a fraction of the cost of alternative solutions
- Complete Compressor feature set is available to create DCPs, including batch processing of user-defined DCP profiles
- DCP profiles can also be saved as Compressor Droplets, providing the ease and efficiency of drag-and-drop mastering of any sequence
- All formats supported by Final Cut Studio such as Apple ProRes, Red, XDCAM and many others – including stereoscopic 3D content – can be mastered to 2K and 4K Digital Cinema Packages
- QubeMaster Xport creates DCPs with a single Composition containing one Picture Track File and one Sound Track File
- Base product supports 2K DCPs and options are available to support Stereoscopic 3D and 4K DCPs
- Encryption of DCPs coming soon!