Three bits of news from Sam Mestman over at FCPWORKS. We have a podcast with a rather familiar guest, a video tutorial on getting daily rushes out of FCPX and details about NAB 2015.
Let us start off with Sam's podcast. Over on his We Make Movies website, he talks to Peter Wiggins, the person behind this website, FCP.co. Although they touch on FCPX, the topic is the future of broadcasting.
Click here to download, subscribe and review the podcast on iTunes.
Or listen to the podcast below.
Sam has also published a half hour tutorial video on how to get dailies out of FCPX using PrimariesExporter.
Worth a watch if you are involved with film work as he goes through he whole FCPX to Shot Notes X to Sync N Link to Resolve to FCPX to PrimariesExporter workflow!
Here's the running order should you wish to jump to a section:
- 6:38 – Adding footage and batch syncing audio in Davinci Resolve
- 8:28 – What to do in the Resolve Edit Page
- 9:50 – Adding Source Timecode in Resolve to your dailies
- 11:33 – Resolve deliver page settings
- 12:46 – FCPX – Add metadata to Resolve dailies with Shot Notes
- 15:51 – FCPX – Prepping for Primaries Exporter (Audio component management, etc.)
- 20:16 – Primaries Exporter workflow
- 25:30 – Primaries Exporter Metadata List
Finally, Sam has some interesting news for NAB 2015. From the 13th to 15th of April, FCPWORKS will have a presentation suite at the Renaissance Hotel right next to the Las Vegas Convention Centre. Expect workflow demonstrations and all the new toys to play with. We have also heard that Chris Fenwick will be MC'ing the event, so it sounds like a lot of fun already. Make a note in your NAB diary to pay them a visit.