OWC has announced the Atlas Pro range of fast SD and CFExpress cards with a high-speed CFExpress reader.
Formats are getting larger, frame rates are getting higher and we are shooting more. That means that file sizes are getting bigger too!
Getting that media into an NLE is limited by the slowest component in the pipeline, which could be card read speeds, reader speeds or the type of connection.
OWC has announced a range of media products designed for the busy videographer/photographer designed for fast transfer and thus workflow efficiency.
OWC Atlas S Pro™
OWC flash storage solutions are run through intensive performance testing so creative professionals can depend on real-world speeds in their workflows. Truthfully listing Atlas S Pro cards for reliable performance up to 276MB/s write and 290MB/s read speeds defines our commitment to the “OWC Difference,” which ensures you’ll be completely satisfied these SD UHS-II V90 cards will deliver the performance you are counting on.
- Pro speed: Up to 276MB/s write and 290MB/s read real-world speeds for shooting huge photos, burst photo sequences, and recording up to 8K video.
- Advanced: Uses advanced pseudo-Single-Level Cell (pSLC) flash memory to deliver 10X higher durability than ordinary SD cards and blazing-fast speed across the entire card capacity so massive still files and 8K video will write and download fast.
OWC Atlas Pro™ and Atlas Pro™ Ultra
The OWC Atlas Pro and Atlas Pro™ Ultra CFexpress Type B memory cards are rugged and OWC Beyond Fast™. They’re ideal for professional photographers, videographers, and content creators who need to capture every crucial moment at confidently one-time events like sports, weddings, and concerts.
- Consistent: Atlas Pro Ultra delivers sustained 1400MB/s speed for rapid-fire burst mode and high resolution 8K video capture.
- Pro speed: Up to 1500MB/s write and 1700MB/s read peak speeds for smooth 8K capture and continuous high frame rate burst mode image capture.
OWC Atlas FXR
Sized similarly to a debit card, the OWC Atlas FXR is the smallest Thunderbolt CFexpress card reader. It allows you to transfer video footage and photos on location, studio, or the edit suite to virtually any Thunderbolt or USB port-equipped computer or tablet at over 1500MB/s speed. Nearly 7x smaller than other Thunderbolt CFX readers, bus-powered Atlas FXR easily fits into the smallest camera bag, so you can pack more accessories to help capture amazing content.
- Flexible compatibility: Works with past, present, and future Macs, Windows PCs, iPads, Chromebooks, and Surface devices
- Extremely fast: Supports the maximum performance capability of CFX cards, Thunderbolt, and USB interfaces
- Read at warp speed: ingest video footage and photos at over 1500MB/s
- Ultra-compact: About the size of a debit card and up to 7x smaller than other single readers
- Travel-ready: Bus-powered, so no power supply or power cable needed
- Plug and play: Includes Thunderbolt cable with tethered USB-A adapter
Pricing & Availability
- The OWC Atlas S Pro™ SD UHS-II V90 SD media card is available now in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB capacities on Macsales.com starting at $49.00
- The OWC Atlas Pro™ CFexpress will be available early Q2 2022 in 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacities
- The OWC Atlas Pro Ultra™ CFexpress will be available early Q2 2022 in 320GB and 640GB capacities
- The OWC Atlas FXR will be available in early Q2 2022