fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
Only start a new post here if you are uploading a free plugin or direct linking to a plugin or the page that the plugin can be downloaded from.

All other new posts will be deleted.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Free Acid Trip Effect Plugin for Final Cut Pro X 23 Oct 2012 09:52 #15406

• fordeetv
  • fordeetv's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 29
A free FCPX Effect - Acid Trip from FordeeTV. Can be used to apply psychedelic looks to your footage or cycle a rainbow of colors over your title, generator, etc. The effect has two controls, trips speed and color width, check it out!

Download Here: fordeetv.com/downloads

Hope you guys find this effect fun/useful... I'm working on several new plugins in the next coming months. Check my site for other useful tutorial videos on Audio, Video and Graphics.

Thanks,
FordeeTV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by fordeetv.

Free Acid Trip Effect Plugin for Final Cut Pro X 23 Oct 2012 23:35 #15573

Trippy indeed, Fordee. Nice job.
I can just see this in full effect with some sitar music, or the Jimmy Hendrix experience, or...

"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream
It is not dying, it is not dying

Lay down all thoughts, surrender to the void
It is shining, it is shining..."

Whoa man, 60's flashback!

hehe...

Ok, while enjoying your video, I was wondering if we could select an object put a mask on it & then apply your effect to the object inside the scene? Imagine if you had say a magic bowling ball or crystal ball, that was cycling thru its rainbow weirdness, inside a totally normal scene... you could develop an entire story around that, or at least a Japanese anime epileptic seizure trigger for world domination.

I like your forethought in adding the cycle speed control, adjusting it to fit the backing music could really make this a powerful addition to a video.

Thanks for sharing all the time you put in on this, looking forward to your fitness success too.

Last edit: by TrixTrax9000 .

Free Acid Trip Effect Plugin for Final Cut Pro X 23 Oct 2012 23:39 #15577

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
What Trix said... :P

Free Acid Trip Effect Plugin for Final Cut Pro X 24 Oct 2012 02:02 #15604

• fordeetv
hahaha, It's funny... I came up with the idea for this effect while working my latest photoshop tutorial about gradient maps (which is technically how this effect is achieved with some tweaks). And then I thought, hey this might serve some purpose or at least be fun. So glad you guys like it.

To answer your question TrixTrax9000, yes, this effect can be applied to a clip which has a mask to separate an object. Let's say your clip has a magic 8-ball in it... duplicate the clip, mask out the 8-ball on the secondary clip and then apply the effect to the secondary clip.

*Keep in mind, the more contrast the clip has that the Acid Trip is being applied too, the more funky it's going to look. (ex: In the tutorial it's applied to an Arrow from Arrows Plus Lite, which is only white by default with a drop shadow-so the effect can only remap two colors at a time, now if the Arrow was a gradient from White to Black, having a lot of contrast... it would look just like the video clip I applied it to in the tutorial.

Hope that helps, have a good day guys!
Fordee

Free Acid Trip Effect Plugin for Final Cut Pro X 31 Oct 2012 20:38 #16329

hey bro, i just tried to download this off your site but the download link is not active. what am I doing wrong?

Free Acid Trip Effect Plugin for Final Cut Pro X 31 Oct 2012 20:53 #16330

• fordeetv
Avion,

I just checked the link, it's working. You need to click on the name of the plugin (not the word Download - ex: 'FordeeTV Acid Trip Effect for FCPX'). I'll include the word download as part of the link, that may clear up any confusion.

Have a good day,
Fordee

Free Acid Trip Effect Plugin for Final Cut Pro X 31 Oct 2012 21:02 #16331

thanx bro

Free Acid Trip Effect Plugin for Final Cut Pro X 31 Oct 2012 21:10 #16334

• fordeetv
No worries, hope you like the plugin!

Fordee