fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
Only start a new post here if you are uploading a free plugin or direct linking to a plugin or the page that the plugin can be downloaded from.

All other new posts will be deleted.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 06 Sep 2012 18:18 #13792

• alex4D
  • alex4D's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 246
Animation in Apple Motion is based on applying behaviours to make clips scale, move and interact. A popular behaviour is 'Grow/Shrink.'

Here is a filter than changes scale over the lifetime of a clip. This means the same settings applied to a longer clip will result in slower animation.

A popular effect in may productions is the slow creep into a shot, a subliminal scale up of a clip. If you scale up a very small amount over a reasonable time, a locked off shot, a still or a title, you add subliminal interest. The viewers know something is going on, but they don't know what.

As well as scale controls, there is an on-screen control that allows you to choose a point around which the scale happens.

For more information and download link, please visit my blog:
alex4d.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/alex-4d-grow-shrink-effect

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by alex4D.

Re: Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 06 Sep 2012 21:11 #13795

cool plugin and this could be used like the screenflow zoom feature. though, when i zoom in, the picture gets very soft compared to the same zoom option from fcpx itself

#update#

when i first applied the effect, i did it on an adjustment layer and got the very soft picture

then i applied the effect on the clip itself and voila, no extreme soft picture.

looks like the effect should not be applied on an adjustment layer. any idea why it gets soft on it?

Last edit: by bendermac.

Re: Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 06 Sep 2012 22:34 #13797

Love it, thanks Alex.

This works well even on short clips, I just raised the scale a bit & it adds another dimension. That being if you are filming yourself, it adds the illusion of a professional slow zoom cameraman, considerably upping your budget appearance.

I have a feeling, I'm going to be utilizing this little baby a lot!

Thanks Alex

Last edit: by TrixTrax9000 .

Re: Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 07 Sep 2012 02:20 #13806

great, thanks alex!

Re: Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 09 Nov 2012 13:20 #16929

I like this. A lot!

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 11 Nov 2012 02:56 #17023

This looks terrific! However, I am having trouble downloading it. I click on "download this disk image" and gobbledygook script shows up. I see others have downloaded it successfully so I will keep trying. I have restarted my computer and tried four times.

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 11 Nov 2012 07:23 #17027

Sounds to me like a browser issue.
Maybe try a different one.
FireFox or iCab

the Download link should just immediately activate the download, are you sure you're clicking on the correct thing? Just single click, not control or command click?

here's the dmg link again

but if you go to Alex's page he provides more info...

www.alex4d.com/plugins/fcpX/Alex4D_Grow-Shrink_1.0.dmg

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 11 Nov 2012 18:55 #17054

Thank you TrixTrax, but when I click on the link you gave me I get the same gobbledygook I get when I went to Alex's blog to get the download link. I tried some other effects downloads and managed to get them with no issue. I will post an image here to show you what I get but I am not sure it will show up.
Attachments:

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 11 Nov 2012 19:27 #17058

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
Exactly click by click, what are you doing to download these files?

Looks like you're set for them to open in an app, rather than just download to your hard drive. What browser and version of it are you using?

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 11 Nov 2012 20:30 #17066

Well . . . I went to Alex's blog at the link he gave above which is:

alex4d.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/alex-4d-grow-shrink-effect

Then I scrolled down that page until I came to "Download 'this disk image'" (see attached file)

. I clicked on "this disk image" and got the gobbledygook.

Browser is Firefox 16.0.2
Attachments:

Last edit: by windsong.

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 11 Nov 2012 20:39 #17068

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
You've got something messed up in Firefox's settings, then. I'm using the same version and I get this.

Quick fix, right-click the link.
From the pop-up menu chose "Save Link As.."

You some how have Firefox "opening" that file.
Attachments:

Last edit: by BenB.

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 11 Nov 2012 22:17 #17074

Thank you very much. That worked. I might end up switching to Chrome. I loved Firefox for years but recently it's been giving me problems.

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 12 Nov 2012 00:15 #17078

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Really? I'm finding the latest few versions of Firefox to be amazingly trouble free. May want to review what's set up in your preferences. Could be some thing else, too.

Alex4D Grow-Shrink: Change scale over the lifetime of a clip 13 Nov 2012 15:31 #17130

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
I guess a lot of you don't like it, but I have only used Safari since 2004 and have no problems with it. It seems to load most everything from any page I connect to.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

• Page: