fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blu-ray menu authoring 13 Sep 2022 16:35 #122149

Hi all, I have a Blu-ray in development with multiple titles (main feature, documentary, etc), and am trying to figure out the best place to start in putting together an interactive BD menu.

I seem to recall, for the DVD version of this, some years ago, we used FCP directly (I think, FCP 7) to implement a menu that was perfect for our needs, but I might be misremembering. Haven't a clue where to start this time around.

Basically, I would like to ask if it might be possible to design an interactive menu in FCP X specifically in mind for Blu-ray. The flow chart would be - disc inserted - pre-menu animation (repeating background .mov) with options to proceed to main menu (repeating background .mov) - from there, selections available to play main feature, supplementary content, subs, chapter screen, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blu-ray menu authoring 13 Sep 2022 20:24 #122156

• VTC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Did this a while back replacing the default animation background movie ('On Location') with one of my own making but for now I can't recall just where I found that default BR template movie file to replace with my own. (I'm always spelunking around within app & container packages so that's likely where I came across it.)

This is also doable in using the Compressor vers 4.5.5+ so you might want to check that avenue out.

support.apple.com/guide/compressor/job-a...ies-cpsr6463a5b3/mac
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by VTC.
  • Page: