fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fix Motion Templates Red Screen error in Final Cut Pro 17 Apr 2022 12:13 #120058

Red screen error

You are experiencing an error when using a new motion template (or plugin) in Final Cut Pro? This nasty red screen wastes your time and prevents you from continuing your editing, you are looking for a quick way to fix it and this article is here to show you the solution!

Why is this happening?
If your Final Cut Pro version is not up to date, you may get a red screen error when using a new plugin or Motion Template. You can see a big "T" or another symbol in the centre of the image depending on the type of Motion Template you are using.
This is because this plugin is too recent and is not compatible with your Final Cut Pro version. pFixer allows you to fix your plugin in order to use it without having to update your software.

Black magic 🧙🏻‍♂️
pFixer analyses the source code of Motion Templates and converts them to be compatible with your Final Cut Pro version. This downgrade process should fit your Motion templates plugins compatible with Final Cut Pro 10.0 and further.
The app also check for several other frequent issues on Motion Templates, like missing media files or corrupted expressions, but a good magician never reveals his secrets.
Although the sortilege does not work on all Motion Templates, we estimate from the user database a 90% success rate.

As easy as pie!
https://public-files.gumroad.com/2wg4scykir90rzwfkhlyp4aok41y
The application is very complete and offers advanced functionality, but you can also simply leave the options on auto and launch the process in 2 clicks.
Just import a Motion Template to fix or choose to convert all of them, then set the conversion method or let the application choose the best settings for you, click the blue fix button and watch the magic happen.

https://public-files.gumroad.com/p3or6n10mgf0zk9dlg4qlfj0ef1m
Once the conversion is complete, open Final Cut Pro and enjoy your Motion Template. The process does not modify the plugin itself and the final rendering is therefore not altered. You can then use your plugin as usual.

Watch the tutorial 📹
You can also watch the video tutorial to see the app in action, it will teach you more about pFixer and give you a concrete idea of how it works. You can also look at the comments to see what other users think of the app.

Download the app
Try pFixer for free here: gum.co/pfixer (macOS)
The app is compatible with macOS sierra and further versions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fix Motion Templates Red Screen error in Final Cut Pro 18 Apr 2022 04:26 #120067

reminds me of Motion's Masterminds Mahoney BACKDATER, which works 'online' (no App DL needed):

fcpxtemplates.com/motion-template-backdater/

Fix Motion Templates Red Screen error in Final Cut Pro 25 Sep 2022 15:34 #122255

There is another way, you can find the plugin in finder, then drop it into text editor, then change the OXML version to a lower number (depending on your system) and also change the DISPLAY VERSION to a lower number (also depending on your system).

I have done this for lots of plugins that would not work, and I have got 99% of them working fine. My computer is 10 years old. A couple of plugins that are complicated motion tracking ones will not work, but that's just nature's way of telling me I need a new computer...

• Page: