fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Sep 2016 14:01 #80293

Seeing that in transform.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Sep 2016 14:14 #80294

I'm noticing this too. If you right/control click where they should be there's a small pul down inc. 'add' which I've been using.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Sep 2016 16:18 #80301

… same here.
Even worse: All features (transform, crop, …) closed, but no 'unfold' button!

Although a from the ground new installation, I tried trashing prefs (cmd-alt on launch) => tadaah, keyframe buttons back, all systems within paranormal kilometers. Or so.

:lol:

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Sep 2016 16:53 #80306

is this a new one?

imported jpegs are shown in the Inspector/Info tab as '60i' .....

Attachments:

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Sep 2016 16:57 #80307

Not seeing that, but it may have to do with the size. Mine are all 60p.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Sep 2016 17:12 #80309

…may have to do with the size. …

nope:

I vaguely remember, there was some similar misbehave in the past, 25p was identified as '50i' .... something, years ago.
Attachments:

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Sep 2016 18:39 #80313

The 'keyframe diamonds' aren't showing up for me in the inspector window on mouse rollover.

They appear when I click where they should be & they still work, however they don't display when simply hovering the cursor over them as they did in El Cap.

Could you post a screenshot where?
I do see the keyframe diamonds when rolling over the location...

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Sep 2016 23:28 #80314

Hey Gang,

I'm thinking of buying izotope's RX5 plugin pack for my home computer, (It's on sale for the next few days!). the problem is that my home computer is running macOS sierra. Anyone know if it's not working or if anything peculiar is going on? I haven't seen mention of it in the forum yet, so no news may be good news.
Also, is there any reason I shouldn't purchase it now? is a RX6 update imminent?

Thanks,

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Sep 2016 23:31 #80315

I have RX5 and updated to Sierra and so far, so good

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 27 Sep 2016 01:24 #80316

Purchased the RX5 plugin pack, seems to be working. It crashed at first, however, it seems stable since the first crash.
(i've since applied it within a Mulitcam clip on a separate audio channel.

As a side note, I've noticed while on the import window, only my iMac has the "camera" option. I should have 2, my other monitor is a older LED Cinema display.
Attachments:

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 27 Sep 2016 13:26 #80322

Discovered another odd thing:

The blue "Show" text that appears in the text window when hovering around the options (Face, Outline, Drop Shadow etc) doesn't always appear! Then I can't change that without restarting FCPX...

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 27 Sep 2016 13:29 #80323

Try double clicking on the attribute name (Face, Outline,etc) - that seems to work for me.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 27 Sep 2016 15:49 #80326

Try double clicking on the attribute name (Face, Outline,etc) - that seems to work for me.
Thanks! Will try next time it happens!

Also seeing it with in the Audio window, with things such as Channel configuration etc...

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 27 Sep 2016 19:47 #80331

Ok, bigger problems:

The text effects (outline, drop shadow, etc) seem to be behaving really weirdly, to the point of being unusable... Drop shadow angle just moves the shadow randomly and the shadow seems to be over the text, not under it... Damn. Anyone else seeing this?

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 27 Sep 2016 20:04 #80332

Definitely broken. Comes and goes as I try to change parameters. Flickers off and on. Can't get the drop angle to change.

Not having a problem with the drop shadow effect though.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 27 Sep 2016 22:19 #80334

I have RX5 and updated to Sierra and so far, so good

Purchased the RX5 plugin pack, seems to be working. It crashed at first, however, it seems stable since the first crash.

I'm currently on RX4 full suite and considering buying the base RX5 plugin pack. Have either of you noticed great improvements relative to 4?

I felt RX4 Dialogue Denoiser was further refined and improved from RX3, but I'm wary of purchasing 5 if they are just repackaging 4 in a (nicely inexpensive) user friendly plug-in kit. Couldn't find any literature on it through their website.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 28 Sep 2016 03:07 #80337

Can't speak for RX4 vs. RX5, however I believe you can use the Demo version of RX5 along side RX4. could be worth a shot.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 28 Sep 2016 03:42 #80338

… text effects (outline, drop shadow, etc) … Definitely broken. Comes and goes as I try to change parameters. Flickers off and on. Can't get the drop angle to change. ….

hmm, not on my setup,, all text-effects fully functional, with built-in titles whereas 'homegrown' titles....

Again: what cured my issues was trashing prefs …

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 28 Sep 2016 13:12 #80348

Guys!

Remember that is super important to send feedback to Apple regarding this issues.

As usual you can send feedback using the form at www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html
Also you can send screenshots and small videos to their twitter account @AppleSupport.

I have many issues since I updated my iMac to macOS Sierra, so let's help each other here and send that feedback!

:D
--
Matias Canelson
www.canelson.us

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 28 Sep 2016 20:20 #80365

hmm, not on my setup,, all text-effects fully functional, with built-in titles whereas 'homegrown' titles....
Again: what cured my issues was trashing prefs …
Maybe it's your german keyboard! ;)

Yes, if I choose a title or text-preset it all looks good... But trying to change angle of the drop shadow and things like that and everything goes bonkers...

Have trashed the prefs once, didn't help anything...