fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 25 Oct 2016 20:35 #81205

Globally FCPX is growing. That statement is not my personal experience or opinion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by EditorGuy.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Oct 2016 04:22 #81231

Magical red
Attachments:

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Oct 2016 11:48 #81239

I apologize if this is buried in this thread somewhere, but I have having and issue with the custom generator. When I created subtitles I would drag over the custom generator and place it behind the words. Now I have upgraded to Sierra (and I am not positive that is the culprit) I can not get the black to show up behind the words anymore. I have gone to previous projects I had this in and none of them have the black showing up. I can't figure out how to get it working again for the life of me. Any suggestions? Thank you!

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Oct 2016 21:16 #81261

Don't expect any changes until FCPX hits tomorrow.

Tomorrow?

Yes its usually the next day of today.

And how are you enjoying the update that came out 'tomorrow'?

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Oct 2016 21:46 #81263

Pretty good. I do like the interface changes.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Oct 2016 22:17 #81264

Really? I don't like the pink trim.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Oct 2016 22:18 #81265

Don't expect any changes until FCPX hits tomorrow.

Tomorrow?

Yes its usually the next day of today.

And how are you enjoying the update that came out 'tomorrow'?

People on these forums live in different time zones. There's no need to be pedantic. One persons tomorrow is another persons today, or even yesterday. The 27th starts for me in 50 mins but I wouldn't expect to see an update if indeed there is one until at least 17:00pm tomorrow my time ( 9:00am in Cupertino ). I imagine it will more likely be much later in the evening than that. Here in the UK - probably around 16-17 hours to go.

Last edit: by Steve McGarrigle.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Oct 2016 22:27 #81267

Couple of things. His comment was posted Monday. Implying knowledge of a release. In no time zone shift could that have meant the later half of this week.

I asked "Tomorrow?" because I thought maybe I'd missed some news and it was announced? Instead I got a snarky reply. Which I admittedly replied back to a little sarcastically today.

Either way AppleGuru is either blatantly breaking NDA and / or implying knowledge he doesn't have.

These forums used to be informative and fun. People really get crazy around update time I guess.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Oct 2016 22:40 #81268

See it as you like! I still feel the forum is informative and fun.
The type of fun depends on the eye of the beholder. But with the comment " these forums used to be..." you are taking the fun out. :(

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 26 Oct 2016 23:05 #81271

People really get crazy around update time I guess.

Yup they sure do, but life's too short to sweat the small stuff.

Peace and love maaan. :)

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 27 Oct 2016 03:00 #81277

Really? I don't like the pink trim.

Seriously Tom? You don't like it? I think it is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!

roflmao

RAINBOWS AND UNICORS AND PINK TRIM!!!!!

Now the big question; will it be released over the weekend during the Summit? Will be an interesting weekend for those of use attending. I can imagine the anticipation of those not there. I guess I'm just not going to hold my breath any longer. It releases when it releases.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 27 Oct 2016 12:47 #81329

• Atamanov
  • Эгоист.
  • Thank you received: 3
who works in Avid or Pro Tools too. Little update. ProTools is supported.

October 26, 2016

Pro Tools macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is supported with Pro Tools 12.6.
Avid Audio Interface Drivers macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is supported
Sibelius macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is supported with Sibelius 8.4.2
EUCON macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is supported with EUCON 3.5

Media Composer macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is not supported at this time
ISIS & NEXIS macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is not supported at this time

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 09 Nov 2016 00:10 #82465

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 702
New Pro Video Formats 2.0.5 is out!

Attachments:

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 11 Nov 2016 16:41 #82584

Hi All

This is a question about the Izotope RX5 plug-in and compatibility with Sierra and FCPX 10.3 ...

I've downloaded the trial version (supposed to be fully functional) but when I try the de-clicker, it blanks the last second of whatever audio clip I apply it to. Doesn't matter how long the clip is, it only affects the last second.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

I've been in touch with Izotope about it but it takes days to get a response from them.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Peter

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 16 Nov 2016 14:47 #82843

I'm not sure why, but I decided to upgrade to Sierra.
Steer clear, people! My computer became unusable for an entire day. It would crash after idling for a few minutes after startup.
Today, it seems to be working fine. I'd still wait until another patch.

Why do I even upgrade the OS? It rarely turns out okay.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 22 Nov 2016 22:19 #83122

Really curious to know If anyone has had any issues upgrading to Sierra? Im on a Trashcan MacPro. Have tried installing Sierra 3 different times now and each time the progress bar finishes with "11 minutes remaining" and then my monitors stop getting a signal. If I hard reboot the computer after that I get the boot chime but nothing. screens stay blank and the machine never comes up.

Am I alone in this?

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 22 Nov 2016 22:46 #83125

I didn't have any issue downloading or installing, but it took a full day for Sierra to behave. It kept crashing my trashcan Mac Pro. All is well now, after a full week has gone by.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 22 Nov 2016 22:51 #83126

The part that was concerning me is that It did the same thing all three times I tried installing it. I'm hesitant to try a 4th because I lost a day rebuilding my machine the last time. Something It never really recovered from; it has a lot a quirks that I know are because of a buggy install.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 11 Dec 2016 01:04 #83881

One possible culprit for you to try:

For my part: Updated Motion ran beautifully- FCPX crashed like a big dog at startup. Nothing but. Yes, updated 10.3.1 and OS 10.12.1. BIG DOG. FxFactory crashed Motion and I said Aha! Finally removed ALL FxFactory via its standalone application (action menu) and all was happy in the kingdom again. A couple of stray FxFactory installed plugins had to be removed manually. But at least I was up again. Why oh Why do I upgrade the OS before TWO incremental updates with fixes? My basic lesson learned again. I understand Noise Industries is feverishly trying to fix the plug architecture, etc., etc.,etc.

macOS Sierra - What works and what doesn't 19 Dec 2016 17:35 #84103

Hi Everyone! I hope someone here can help me out.
Untill few days ago I was able to import R3D files from my EPIC W (8k files) in FCPX. I was already on Sierra.
Then it was a Sierra update to 10.12.2 and after that something very strange happened.
When I tried to import the R3D again, I just see a pink frame. You can actually scrub on it (so you see the video) but as you stop it become pink. The as soon I try to import FCPX Crashes!
Crashed Thread: 31 Dispatch queue: com.apple.helium.rq.gpu-ru0.vs0.gcd

.I thought was Color Finale that was doing some kind of conflict...so I removed it and today I decided to reinstall FCPX.
Also I reinstalled the red workflow from red.com
And nothing happened...same problem (see picture!)
Here is what I don't understand:
1. The file 8k from Red Epic W, works perfectly in red cine, so is NOT my GPU actually it works quite fast in red cine x.
2. I also downloaded 8K Helium files from red.com and I have the same problem, so is NOT my camera....
3. If I import in FCPX a files from SCARLET W it works great!
So at this point...I really don't know what can be!

Strange thing is that some people say that it works for them, but I dont know if they have same updated both in FCPX (the latest one) and SIERRA.

HOpe someone can help, there is also anothers person have my same problems.
Attachments: