fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...

TOPIC:

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 25 Apr 2014 09:26 #45064

• Atamanov
  • Эгоист.
  • Thank you received: 3
i am just interesting are you judges or apple's security? do you have a lot of time to judge and discuss about allows for beta testing?

i have a problem - i discuss in this forum .
i have a feature - i discuss in this forum.

do you have a problem about discussing beta testing? then simple do not discuss of it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 25 Apr 2014 09:28 #45065

• Atamanov
  • Эгоист.
  • Thank you received: 3

Those memory leaks are most certainly caused by some third party plugin. I had one caused by the LUT Utility, but after the latest update for the plugin even longer projects (>100 minute feature ProRes422 HQ) plays smoothly all day on a late 2013 rMBP with 16 GB of RAM.

ok, thanks. maybe my memory leaks is about NeatVideo plugin.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 25 Apr 2014 09:32 #45066

• cgbier
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 53

i am just interesting are you judges or apple's security? do you have a lot of time to judge and discuss about allows for beta testing?

i have a problem - i discuss in this forum .
i have a feature - i discuss in this forum.

do you have a problem about discussing beta testing? then simple do not discuss of it.
Look from it from another angle: If this happens too often, Apple might kill off that program.

It ain't about judging others.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 25 Apr 2014 10:18 #45068

As I said earlier in this thread:
Public things can be discussed anywhere on the web.
NDA tied can be discussed nowhere except in the group which is under the NDA .

This sometimes leeds to funny situations.
So as Im not in any FCP X seed I can frankly speak about any issues about FCP X I'm having with subtitles (which is part of my job).
How to make them them "Broadcast Ready" is another thing. I'm bound to some NDAs while some things are not covered by the NDA.
Finally cause of the partial NDAs I can't talk about anything in this conjunction B)

-Andreas

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 25 Apr 2014 13:43 #45083

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
Ditto

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 25 Apr 2014 15:01 #45091

Part of history.

In the early times of FCP 1 many beta testers published not only opinions but the app itself.
This caused Apple to have no beta testers outside a few selected testers inside the US for following seeds.

The good thing for Apple was that there (obviously) was a second release of the app with a fee for the update. The 'update requests' were really way more than the amount of FCP licenses ever sold up to that time.
Apple decided not to care about that, but to build up a bigger (paying) user base.

-Andreas

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 28 Apr 2014 23:07 #45306

Let's bring this topic back to the top because it's Tuesday time!

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 28 Apr 2014 23:39 #45314

As I mentioned in another thread, there's already heavy rumours that MacBookAirs will be updated tomorrow. Maybe it will be a day of updates for Apple.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 29 Apr 2014 16:26 #45357

Nadda yet. But last weeks software drops didn't happen until later in the day, Pacific time.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 29 Apr 2014 16:54 #45359

Nadda yet. But last weeks software drops didn't happen until later in the day, Pacific time.

If we see Mavericks 10.9.3, then I think we'll see FCPX 10.1.2. Although with the release of the new Macbook Airs today that still have 10.9.2 on them, I don't think we'll see any software updates today.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 29 Apr 2014 16:57 #45360

You seem very sure that the next FCPX update will require 10.9.3. Let's not forget that until 10.1, the latest OS update wasn't always necessary to run the latest version of X.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 29 Apr 2014 17:04 #45361

True, I don't disagree with you. For whatever reason, it seems like the timing of this iteration will have them release the OS update first then the FCPX update rather than the other way around. I could be wrong but either way I hope we see updates soon.

Last edit: by daviddelreal.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 29 Apr 2014 17:10 #45362

From everything I've read, all the new 4K monitor support isn't anything to do with X specifically, but is OS wide. X is already ready for 4K displays via it's Retina update way back in 10.0.5. That said, there could be other improvements which might be necessary- but I haven't heard about any.

We're at 103 days into the 90-120 interval Apple said themselves they're aiming for. I wouldn't consider those "hard" boundaries, but it's a good guide for when we might expect something.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 29 Apr 2014 17:20 #45364

...We're at 103 days into the 90-120 interval Apple said themselves they're aiming for. I wouldn't consider those "hard" boundaries, but it's a good guide for when we might expect something.

Mmmmm.....forgot about that. That info brings more anticipation.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 29 Apr 2014 22:17 #45384

Well....at least there's this:

forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1730256

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 29 Apr 2014 23:51 #45393

After all the waiting if this ends up being just a bug fix update.... I will be seriously pissed off! :evil:

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 30 Apr 2014 00:49 #45397

After all the waiting if this ends up being just a bug fix update.... I will be seriously pissed off! :evil:

Be prepared...

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 30 Apr 2014 01:10 #45404

At this point I'd just like the next release to be stable.

There are plenty of features I'd like but whats the use when the app crashes, reboots the computer, need to restart FCPX when you an hour or so into editing a long project because it gets so sluggish, takes forever to load when I switch between tiles/effects/transitions etc...

For a windows app I'd expect this. There are so many different app, so much different hardware and drivers that need to run within the PC's OS. But mac has its own hardware and software. They should be much more stable than they are, especially pro apps like FCPX.
They should also do more testing and working with 3rd party plugins on FCPX as well. Too many of them cause crashes.

Installing on a clean OS, delete preference files, dont open this window when that window is open etc... is getting old.

Kurt

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 30 Apr 2014 01:11 #45405

Be prepared...
I see less reason to be prepared for that eventuality. ;)

Well, I'm packing up the folding chair on this one. See you all back here next week, when we'll be at a whopping 110 days since 10.1.1.

If anyone wants to do some time-wasting reading, someone started a "time for a FCPX release?" thread over at the COW. Some interesting comments and very few combative ones. One interesting post in reply to my ongoing "days since release chart" noted the days between feature updates.

10.0.0-10.0.1 91 days
10.0.1-10.0.3 133 days
10.0.3-10.0.6 266 days
10.0.6-10.1 428 days

I have to agree with the poster that taken at face value, these number do represent a seemingly slowing pace to FCPX development. Personally, I think a bit of this is due to FCPX being timed to Apple hardware development. 10.0.5 for Retina support, and 10.1 for the MacPro.

A nice 10.1.2 feature update would skew that cycle, and hopefully point towards a shorter and more regular release cycle like we had in the first year and a half of X.

Last edit: by Disproportionate Pictures.

FCPX 10.1.2 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION 30 Apr 2014 22:54 #45440

Have there been updates in the past that were on a Wednesday or Thursday?