fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 16 Aug 2012 21:52 #13154

• DaveG
  • DaveG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 6
I have about 20-30 original songs, mostly instrumental, from the last few decades of released and non-released CDs that I'm trying to get up on Youtube. I don't have enough extra time these days to spend shooting and editing and I can't afford to hire someone, but if you or someone you know has an interest in using some of my originals in a project and/or for portfolio use, please let me know.

Here's a few things I've put up recently at Youtube simply using the iTunes Visualizers on some unreleased instrumental tracks from the mid '90s-
www.youtube.com/user/harmonicalessons

I have a bunch of other songs (although I certainly wouldn't mind having any of those already uploaded at Youtube re-done sans the Visualizer), that I haven't done anything with video-wise. I believe there to be a couple of cool tracks and I posted some at one of my websites if you'd like to take a listen. The original files are all .aif or .wav.

If your web browser can handle HTML5 and Flash (not FireFox), everything should be playable-
www.harmonicalessons.com/audio_dgsongs.html
(I'm mostly concerned with the top 3 songs)

I just put out a call at a couple of the FCP X forums I frequent, so I apologize if you also see this elsewhere.

Thanks,
Dave
Los Angeles

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DaveG.

Re: OT: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 17 Aug 2012 00:46 #13160

• DaveG
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Okay, I thought this post was removed, but it was moved over to this forum from the FCP X forum, which is the only one I ever view or use. In fact, I didn't know this forum existed. (Maybe I shouldn't have put "OT" in the title).

Dave

Re: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 17 Aug 2012 04:53 #13166

Suddenly my request for a member services area is making more sense?

fcp.co/forum/2-off-topic/12900-how-about...l-volunteer-services

why that post was moved from Site Suggestions to Off Topic is a genuine mystery...

Re: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 17 Aug 2012 18:45 #13183

• DaveG
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

why that post was moved from Site Suggestions to Off Topic is a genuine mystery...

Don't know, but I did put my post in the Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) forum for a reason. I know the people that use it and it gets a lot of views. I was really appealing to the users of that forum.

I always thought "Off Topic (OT)" was for completely unrelated issues like "did you see Phelps take gold in the final relay race".

Maybe if Peter or an Admin sees this they can move it back to the Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) forum. At least based on my forum behaviors, this post just got buried in a less frequently viewed forum.

(For the record, I'm not new to forum use. I've installed, run, and moderated my own Messages Boards and then my own .html and .php forums since 1997.)

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 17 Aug 2012 21:49 #13193

Apparently they want the off topics to be funny.
So you can mention Phelps I guess if it's in the form of a joke...?

Re: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 18 Aug 2012 01:52 #13196

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
This thread is about independent music being offered, not about the workings of FCP X. So this is the appropriate forum.

Re: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 18 Aug 2012 03:29 #13198

• DaveG
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

This thread is about independent music being offered, not about the workings of FCP X. So this is the appropriate forum.
Ben,

Yes, I get it. Clearly, whether yours or mine or the admins, it's an opinion as to what is or isn't relevant to a forum. I'm looking for an editor, FCP X or otherwise. To me it makes sense to put a post like this in the forum where the editors are. But that's my opinion.

Anyway, if there is no interest, I still have the trusty iTunes Visualizer. Not exciting, but better that a blank screen. I wish I had more time to devote to the music videos, but I don't as I need to shoot and edit instructional video first to keep the business going.
--

We did email back and forth about this subject a couple of months ago. Do you still have some interest in cutting a video? I didn't hear back so I figured you got busy with other projects.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edit: by DaveG.

Re: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 18 Aug 2012 07:09 #13203

Sounds like a great idea; you can never have enough music in your library.

I'll go through your tracks before my next project to see if there are any that will fit the mood.

Re: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 18 Aug 2012 20:42 #13211

• DaveG
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Simon,

Sounds good. I realize I probably didn't word the post Subject very clearly. Ideally, what I'm looking for is someone who is interested in making a music video with one of the songs that they can use for their Vimeo portfolio or such and that I can then post up at Youtube. Bottom line is that I would like to get some music videos made and I don't have time these days to devote to the editing. (Struggling mightily with the economy.)

Of course, if you or someone else can place one of the songs in a TV show, commercial, or in a movie for one of the songs, I'm not adverse to that either.

If you have any thoughts or want to discuss, you can email me directly at:
webmaster3 (at) harmonicalessons (dot) com.

Thanks,
Dave
Los Angeles

Re: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 19 Aug 2012 12:39 #13225

Since this thread is getting slightly more action than the one I started, & because it's related... I'll say it again.

Wouldn't it be a nice idea to have a forum category devoted to Member Services?
People could list their talents, skills, resources, etc.
Also they could list the ones that are for free or fee.

This way, a guy with music could find the guy with videos, etc.
Just think of the collaborative creativity that could ensue...
Script revisions before shooting bad video.
Lighting tips to save something that couldn't be rectified in post.
Editing to make or break the project.
Colorizing, effects, finishing & polishing, even marketing & distribution...

Not to mention all the guys here that teach, consult, write, direct, etc...

what you think?

Should we vote?

Global•Watch•Media
www.GWM2.com

Last edit: by TrixTrax9000 .

Re: Anyone looking for original music to cut to for their portfolio? 19 Aug 2012 18:25 #13230

• DaveG
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Wouldn't it be a nice idea to have a forum category devoted to Member Services?
People could list their talents, skills, resources, etc.
Also they could list the ones that are for free or fee.
Works for me.

Dave

• Page: